[Phpmyadmin-devel] ready for 4.0.0-alpha1 ?

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed Dec 19 15:16:20 CET 2012

Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
> 2012/12/19 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
>> Rouslan Placella a écrit :
>>> On 12/13/2012 05:44 PM, Marc Delisle wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>> Let's discuss an alpha version for 4.0. In the bug tracker, I tried to
>>>> find issues that are serious enough to block releasing the first alpha
>>>> version, and could not find any.
>>>> Opinions?
>>> The server status monitor pages still need some work, I have a branch
>>> with a whole bunch of fixes[0] that I intend to merge some time soon.
>>> Even after I do so, there will still be a few more bugs in those pages,
>>> all old and untracked, including a show-stopper in the localStorage
>>> feature. I'll file them as soon as I get a chance on the tracker.
>> The split-server-status branch has been merged, the localStorage feature
>> has been fixed.
>> Anything else that would be a showstopper for an alpha1 ?
> Nothing I can think of at the moment.
> This would mean we go into 'preparation for the next major release'
> mode, which will mean a freeze on features and new translatable
> strings [0].
> Should we create a QA_4_0 branch  at this point, were all the
> preparations for 4.0 go? Or will we wait with this branch until we go
> into the release candidate stage?

I suggest starting QA_4_0 at the 4.0.0-beta1 release.

> How about code cleanup? Only in master or do we still allow it for
> 4.0-dev until the rc-stage.

I would say, only during the alpha stage.

> [0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Gettext_for_developers#Guidelines_on_adding.2Fupdating_messages_in_the_different_branches

Marc Delisle

More information about the Developers mailing list