[Phpmyadmin-devel] Proposal for Remove frames

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Feb 14 13:50:55 CET 2012

Le 2012-02-13 16:31, Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a concept/proposal [0] to replace html frames, using a Page
> class where all pages derive from.
> The base Page class executes everything that is nececessary to load a
> page (loading configuration, user authentication, parameter checking,
> ...) and finally loading a page.
> The derived classes override several specific sections.
> I put it on the wiki [0].
>
> What do you think?
>
> BTW : This is still a concept. It still needs some finetuning. Comments
> are welcome.
>
> BTW2 : I created a roadmap page for phpMyAdmin 4, basically copying the
> section of the team meeting report.
>
> [0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Remove_frames
> [1] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/phpMyAdmin_4

Hi Dieter,
This looks fine; I have a few questions.

You mentioned server_databases.php as the starting page, but I guess it
should be index.php because it's neutral and can be called to display
any section?

Why having section_subsection.php and section_subsection.inc.php, if the
include file has stuff related to only this subsection?