[Phpmyadmin-devel] Let's break master?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue Feb 21 10:43:09 CET 2012

Hi

all, I think we can agree on register globals being evil. So let's do
radical breakage in master and remove ./libraries/grab_globals.lib.php.
I know lot of things will get broken, but this is something what needs
to be done for 4.0 and I think it should be done ASAP to prevent any
new code using this.

So I don't give you question whether to do this, but rather when to do
this with possible rationale for the choice:

- right now - anyway people should be using QA_3_5 so master breakage
  should not matter

- after releasing 3.5 - developers can focus on master after releasing
  3.5

- after releasing 3.5.1 - final release 3.5 will most likely bring lot
  of bug reports, which will need to be fixed in 3.5.1