[Phpmyadmin-devel] Upgrading sf.net project

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 13:42:58 CEST 2012

2012/7/20 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Le 2012-07-20 04:24, Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> maybe you've noticed, maybe not, but sf.net is slowly moving to new
>> platform called Allura [1] and projects can opt in for upgrading. There
>> seems to be quite a lot of improvements [2], especially in the Issue
>> tracking (you can see Allura's own tickes [3] as an example).
>>
>> There are upgrading information on separate page [4] and none of not
>> migrated things does not affect us, so I'd go for upgrade. Any comments
>> on that?
>
>> [1]:https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/
>> [2]:https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/Features/
>> [3]:https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/
>> [4]:https://sourceforge.net/p/upgrade/
>
> One thing I don't like: it seems that all references we have in the
> ChangeLog to bug, rfe and patches would no longer be valid...

I moved my project a few months ago and had some issues, mainly with
moving the svn/git repo's (having more than 1 repo was not supported
at that time), but that's not an issue for us, as our repo's are at
github at the moment.
Considering the trackers, they were migrated to the new tracker system
(if I remember correctly), but they loose the ID we rely on for
reference in the changelog, so there might be an issue there, as Marc
mentions.

About the new issue tracker : batch operations (on multiple items at
the same time) are not possible anymore.

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens