[Phpmyadmin-devel] about long lines

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 17:55:40 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2012-06-12 13:29, Chanaka Dharmarathna a écrit :
> > On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Chanaka,
> >>
> >> about your question on long lines, I agree with you that this could be
> >> put on two lines. Suggestion:
> >>
> >> if ((PMA_strlen($wktval) > $GLOBALS['cfg']['LimitChars'])
> >>    && ($_SESSION['tmp_user_values']['display_text'] ==
> >>        self::DISPLAY_PARTIAL_TEXT)
> >> ) {
> >>
> >> --
> >> Marc Delisle
> >> http://infomarc.info
> >>

> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion.
> > I check whether it works or not before also.
> >
> > But code sniffer gives following errors,
> > | ERROR   | Multi-line IF statement not indented correctly; expected 20
> > spaces but found 24
>
> The code sniffer does not like the additional indenting of "self", so
> align it under "&&".
>
> > | ERROR   | Each line in a multi-line IF statement must begin with a
> > boolean operator
>
> Maybe move the "==" under the "&&".
>

> > Sorry if I'm doing any wrong. Can you please tell any guesses why I'm
> > getting these errors ?
> >
> > Regards !
>

> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

Hi Marc,

Yes your first suggestion works fine.
But second one is not working for me.
I thought that code sniffer doesn't support multi line comparisons.
Since you again suggest me same way I may wrong.

But I couldn't find any way to use comparisons in two lines without errors.

Regards !
--

Chanaka Indrajith
Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate