[Phpmyadmin-devel] My first contribution to phpMyAdmin and GSoC process

Onur Avsar avsaro42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 12:41:36 CET 2012

Hi all,

I just made my first contribution (
https://github.com/avsaro/phpmyadmin/commit/ab5f96e7c5bf4f5420c65b209230c5bbc1a2e8d7)
to phpMyAdmin and I add this requested feature (
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3484063&group_id=23067&atid=377411)
which I found on Tasks for junior developers wiki page. It is actually
quite little contribution but it is my first contribution, so if I made a
mistake please warn me. I am also not sure about whether it is worth to
send a pull request or not?

I previously talked with Michal and Dieter about my interest to join GSoC
2012 with one of the phpMyAdmin OOP projects which are mentored by Dieter.
Moreover I want to contribute more and become a part of phpMyAdmin
community in long term not just become a GSoC participant. Therefore I want
to ask that should I start to work on one of these projects or wait to
until GSoC start and continue to make junior jobs?

Best Regards,

Onur Avsar
+905375020343
http://www.avsaro.com/