[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problem with allow specifying mime type

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:01:18 CET 2012

Hi Michal,

               I'm trying on the feature requested in [1] under the project
idea of "Displaying query results". I followed some documents[2], [3] in
order to do some improvements related to that feature. I'm working on
Ubuntu environment. I have already installed phpMyAdmin 3.3.2 version
(Which have the special features like Mime type, pdf generations etc ) and
to developing purpose I got a latest revision from [4] repository url.

     I introduced a file config.inc.php under root directory (
phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc.php ) with the additional server configurations
which needs to enable special features such as Mime type etc. I tried with
placing the contents of phpmyadmin_dev/config.sample.inc.php as well as
/etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php (older version configure file) into new
file. But after restarting the apache, any change doesn't appear while
creating a new table structure. So if you can give any suggestions to
overcome this problem, it will be a great help for me to do some
improvements on this feature. All are well come to give your valuable
suggestions.

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3112137&group_id=23067&atid=377411
[2] http://garv.in/tops/texte/mimetutorial
[3] http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/Documentation.html#setup
[4] git://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git

Regards !
--

Chanaka Indrajith
Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate