[Phpmyadmin-devel] Programming contest: win books!

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 6 12:21:16 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-06 06:10, Alex UKF a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Adnan <hiddenpearls at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> we are pleased to announce this programming contest. Details are on
>>> http://phpmyadmin.net (click the link in the green Contest zone).
>>>
>>> By the way, for students who will want to participate to Google Summer
>>> of Code 2012 for a phpMyAdmin project, this programming contest is
>>> interesting for two reasons:
>>>
>>> 1. a chance to win a Mastering phpMyAdmin 3.4 book
>>> 2. a chance to get involved with the phpMyAdmin code by producing a
>>> patch so that we can evaluate your skills
>>>
>>> Have fun!

> Hello,
>
> If I have some questions (I want to know for example if my implementation
> idea for one of the feature requests is good, or I should change something
> about it), where would it be more suitable to present it and ask for
> feedback
> or clarifications before I begin? On each corresponding tracker item, or on
> this mailing list?
>
> I could also do as I consider more appropriate, without asking questions,
> but
> I believe that it would be a less productive solution.
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,
as this is a contest, I believe it's better to not post publicly about
your ideas and just submit a patch (which you'll mark private).

You can ask for clarifications about the feature, on the related
artifact, but try to not give implementation ideas to other...

If we don't get a better patch for this idea near the end of the
contest, I'm not yet sure what we'll do.