[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problem with allow specifying mime type

Alex UKF alex.ukf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 21:31:04 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:

>      I introduced a file config.inc.php under root directory (
> phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc.php ) with the additional server configurations
> which needs to enable special features such as Mime type etc. I tried with
> placing the contents of phpmyadmin_dev/config.sample.inc.php as well as
> /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php (older version configure file) into new
> file. But after restarting the apache, any change doesn't appear while
> creating a new table structure. So if you can give any suggestions to
> overcome this problem, it will be a great help for me to do some
> improvements on this feature. All are well come to give your valuable
> suggestions.

Hi Chanaka,

On Ubuntu, depending on your installation type, the configuration
files might be found in different places. If you copy/extract/pull
files into a folder, the phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc.php will have
priority. But if you use apt-get install phpmyadmin, the settings
declared in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php will be more important
than those in /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php, where all the
other files are located. Or at least that's the case for my multiple
instances of phpMyAdmin ( ubuntu 11.10 ).

You did not mention trying it, so maybe you could add your pmadb,
controluser and additional settings in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
instead of phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc. I'm not sure if it will work for
you, but you can try. Hope it helps.

Alex