[Phpmyadmin-devel] Problem with allow specifying mime type

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:08:20 CET 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:01 AM, Alex UKF <alex.ukf at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
> pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>      I introduced a file config.inc.php under root directory (
>> phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc.php ) with the additional server configurations
>> which needs to enable special features such as Mime type etc. I tried with
>> placing the contents of phpmyadmin_dev/config.sample.inc.php as well as
>> /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php (older version configure file) into new
>> file. But after restarting the apache, any change doesn't appear while
>> creating a new table structure. So if you can give any suggestions to
>> overcome this problem, it will be a great help for me to do some
>> improvements on this feature. All are well come to give your valuable
>> suggestions.
>>

> Hi Chanaka,
>
> On Ubuntu, depending on your installation type, the configuration
> files might be found in different places. If you copy/extract/pull
> files into a folder, the phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc.php will have
> priority. But if you use apt-get install phpmyadmin, the settings
> declared in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php will be more important
> than those in /usr/share/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php, where all the
> other files are located. Or at least that's the case for my multiple
> instances of phpMyAdmin ( ubuntu 11.10 ).
>
> You did not mention trying it, so maybe you could add your pmadb,
> controluser and additional settings in /etc/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
> instead of phpmyadmin_dev/config.inc. I'm not sure if it will work for
> you, but you can try. Hope it helps.
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

      As you suggested I had tried with adding pmadb, controluser,
controlpass and additional settings. But they didn't get me out of the
problem. I got my copy from git repository [1]. However though I couldn't
get rid of that problem, I could managed to use that features with the help
of my old phpmyadmin version. Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

[1] git://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin.git

Regards !
--

Chanaka Indrajith
Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate