[Phpmyadmin-devel] phpMyAdmin OOP

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 12:57:33 CET 2012

Op 9 maart 2012 13:51 heeft Bhaavan Merchant
<bhaavanmerchant at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> Hi,
>
> I am Bhaavan Merchant and am a 3rd year undergrad student. I have been
> involved in web development with php since about 3 years now, and have used
> CakePHP as my preferred framework for development. For managing my MySql
> databases, I have been using phpMyAdmin, and have been impressed by it. This
> year, I would like to participate in Google Summer of Code '12 under
> phpMyAdmin organization.
>
> I browsed the ideas list for PMA and came across this project. I would love
> to implement OOP in PMA to refactor it into a cleaner developer friendly
> code. Besides php, I have a fairly decent background in C++ which should
> help me in this task.
>
> I would love to hear your suggestions for this project so I could begin with
> initial work for the project. Your input will valuable to me for preparing
> the project proposal for the same.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bhaavan

Hi,

I'm glad to hear you're interested in GSoC and the phpMyAdmin OOP
idea. On our ideas list [0] you can find an overview of the two
projects that will have an OOP part (plugins and removing frames). I
hope to add another idea by the time Google announces which
organisations will be part of GSoC 2012 (16th of March).
Also have a look at the applicant guide [1], for other requirements
and useful informationfor GSoC applicants.

BTW: Please use the developers mailing list, that way you will get a
reply sooner, because the mailing list is read by more than one
mentor.

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2012_Ideas_List
[1] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2012_Applicant_Guide

--