[Phpmyadmin-devel] HI

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Mar 11 13:04:53 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-10 15:34, Rhythm Gupta a écrit :
> Hello Mr. Dieter,
> Thanks for such an early reply.
> Yes, I am going to apply for GSoC.
> I have gone through the Applicant Guide you reffered.
> Could you please guide me where to start from, as in which files should i
> read in the source code to know what's happening behind the scenes.?
> This will really help me get started with phpMyadmin.
>
> Thanks,
> Rhythm Gupta

I have two suggestions here.

1. Use Firefox and install the Firebug extension.

1.1 With Firebug you can see in the Network panel, all the HTTP
transactions that happen when you do some action in phpMyAdmin;
therefore you'll see which initial PHP script is called, with the
parameters.

1.2 If you are working in the JavaScript part of phpMyAdmin, you can use
the Firebug script debugger to see what's happenning.

2. Use a PHP IDE like NetBeans [0] with PHP and Xdebug support, which
will show you the flow of execution at the PHP level.

[0] http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/php/debugging.html