[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2012: Refactoring Designer/schema integration

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 27 16:39:19 CEST 2012

Le 2012-03-26 06:10, Adnan a écrit :
> 2012/3/25 Adnan <hiddenpearls at gmail.com>

>> I didn't understand what PMA Designer feature does ? I played with its
>> options/menu but these are simple operations.
>>
> I can see the foreign key relations now in Designer.
>
>> what is the main function of PMA Designer ?
>>
>> plus I think we may use jQueryUI Draggable API's for this.

Indeed, a more standard API would be welcome.

>> * Usability of designer (with schema export) without configured phpMyAdmin
>> configuration storage
>>
>> if we remove configuration storage, we can use session/local storage ?

You can always use session storage because phpMyAdmin requires to have a
working session environment.

Of course, changes would not be permanent, unless you design something
like "save as file" and "import from file" like was done for the user
preferences. The question is, do we want to go this way?