[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2012: Refactoring Designer/schema integration

Adnan hiddenpearls at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:13:15 CEST 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2012-03-26 06:10, Adnan a écrit :

> phoneGap
> on

> >> I didn't understand what PMA Designer feature does ? I played with its
> >> options/menu but these are simple operations.
> >>
> > I can see the foreign key relations now in Designer.
> >
> >> what is the main function of PMA Designer ?
> >>
> >> plus I think we may use jQueryUI Draggable API's for this.
>
> Indeed, a more standard API would be welcome.
>
> Yes, I found this JS Library http://raphaeljs.com/   This lib will make
Deigner/Schema feature more robust if it works. I will try by making a demo
What about its License ? Can we use this lib ?

> >> * Usability of designer (with schema export) without configured
> phpMyAdmin
> >> configuration storage
> >>
> >> if we remove configuration storage, we can use session/local storage ?
>
> You can always use session storage because phpMyAdmin requires to have a
> working session environment.
>
> Of course, changes would not be permanent, unless you design something
> like "save as file" and "import from file" like was done for the user
> preferences. The question is, do we want to go this way?
>
> Yes, Michal's input is important here. Do we want to just use Session
Storage ?
or we can also design 'save as file' where I will export/import
co-ordinates etc

> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

Muhammad Adnan
Twitter: @hiddenpearls
I blog too do u know ? http:// www.imblog.info
Failure takes you higher than success ..!
you sell code, I sell my brain.