[Phpmyadmin-devel] Not translated translations

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Thu Mar 29 15:21:38 CEST 2012

Hi

while looking at checks Weblate does on translation, I've noticed that
there are quite a lot of strings, which are actually not translated. To
name top four languages:

Georgian 	753
Bengali 	481
Sinhala 	259
Romanian 	153

So yes, these strings in fact are not translated and simply copied from
English. Indeed this might be valid for some short terms, though it can
be hardly true for sentence.

You can see yourself strings at:

https://l10n.cihar.com/checks/same/phpmyadmin/3-5/

As I think this should be fixed, I've hacked script to remove such
"translations". I tried to be as conservative as possible, trying to
whitelist anything what could be possibly correct in different language
and I came with following numbers to remove:

Removed 367 in po/bn.po
Removed 2 in po/ur.po
Removed 3 in po/pt.po
Removed 5 in po/ms.po
Removed 6 in po/hi.po
Removed 666 in po/ka.po
Removed 15 in po/ug.po
Removed 1 in po/hr.po
Removed 42 in po/tt.po
Removed 2 in po/it.po
Removed 1 in po/eu.po
Removed 5 in po/fa.po
Removed 119 in po/ro.po
Removed 42 in po/az.po
Removed 3 in po/he.po
Removed 236 in po/si.po
Removed 23 in po/et.po
Removed 9 in po/mn.po
Removed 4 in po/da.po
Removed 1 in po/th.po
Removed 4 in po/af.po
Removed 4 in po/ko.po

If you are interested in complete diff against master, it is available
here:

http://tmp.cihar.com/pma-remove-po.patch

Do you agree to make such cleanup (probably on all branches)? This just
pollutes our translation statistics and does not bring anything to our
users.