[Phpmyadmin-devel] proposals: Refactoring: Insert/edit, Privileges, Operations, Structure

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:34:04 CEST 2012

On 30/03/2012 16:42, nandu wrote:
> hello, I am a Masters student of computers applications from NIT bhopal,
> India
> i am gud with php mysql, css, jsp, AJAX,html, as an application
> developer keen
> interested in software engineering Vb6, .Net framework etc
>
> I would like to add that in replacement of
> $row_table_def['True_Type'] = preg_replace('@\(.*@s', '',
> $row_table_def['Type']);
> we can use the str_replace which is faster then preg_replace since it
> will be more faster in
> simple cases which are used frequently.
> also there are multiple if else statements which can be replaced by
> select statements
> which will be more efficient, the code should have more derived classes
> since
> it works more faster than the base one.
> Sir I am expecting some guideline plz help me to work forward..
> thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in GSoC 2012.

Did you have a look at the guidelines for GSoC applicants [0]?
It will give you more information about submitting your application and
providing a patch solving a bug or implementing a feature request in
phpMyAdmin, you can also try to solve the last item in our contest [1].

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2012_Applicant_Guide
[1] http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/contest.php

--
Kind regards,