[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring insert-edit

Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna thilinaabeyrathna at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:50:37 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Madhura Jayaratne <madhura.cj at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna <
> thilinaabeyrathna at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Marc,
>> when I'm writing functions for columns of insertForm I need to pass all
>> the following parameters to the functions.
>> $field, $backup_field, $field_name_appendix,
>> $unnullify_trigger, $tabindex, $tabindex_for_value, $idindex, $data
>> So function signature is very long which is somewhat ugly, Is it ok to
>> have a global parameter array for insert_edit.lib.php file. Does this break
>> the refactoring?
>>
>> Hi Thilina,
>
> Whenever you encounter a long list of parameters, I think it is a good
> idea to evaluate whether your method is doing too much inside it, whether
> it is possible to logically break your function into few smaller ones, each
> requiring only few parameters.
> Secondly if the parameters logically fit together you can introduce
> parameter objects that would encapsulate the parameters as Poitr pointed
> out in some other thread.
> If non of the above applies I agree with Marc as it would make things
> clearer.
>
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Madhura Jayaratne

Hi Marc,
There are HTML code block from line 438 in the tbl_change.php file(after my
last commit [0]).  It doesn't mix with much PHP tags. It is somewhat
readable.
Do I need to implement several functions to render this HTML block. Can you
give me a suggestion..

[0] -
https://github.com/thilinaa/phpmyadmin/commit/9d6c38daf6a98d915a34391bddb987b116be98c0
--