[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring insert-edit

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon May 14 18:39:27 CEST 2012

Le 2012-05-14 08:50, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
> There are HTML code block from line 438 in the tbl_change.php file(after my
> last commit [0]).  It doesn't mix with much PHP tags. It is somewhat
> readable.
> Do I need to implement several functions to render this HTML block. Can you
> give me a suggestion..
>
> [0] -
> https://github.com/thilinaa/phpmyadmin/commit/9d6c38daf6a98d915a34391bddb987b116be98c0

Hi Thilina,
The code generating the actions_panel fieldset would benefit from being
refactored into one or more functions. The reason is that it's difficult
to understand quickly such a long code block.

It could become
$html_output = PMA_getActionsPanel(...);

By the way, did you consider using a class? Have a look at
libraries/Partition.class.php. Then, the calling script uses this syntax:

$partition_names = PMA_Partition::getPartitionNames($db, $table);

The benefit is that you don't have to bother about function name clashing.