[Phpmyadmin-devel] Translations and CI for 4.0

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Apr 10 10:14:38 CEST 2013

Hi

Dne Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:58:09 +0800
adam <adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> >Hi all
> >
> >our continuous integration server now follows 4.0 branch as well:
> >
> >http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin-4.0/
> >
> >The builds are currently run nightly, just let me know if more frequent
> >builds would be needed.
>
> As I remembered, Jenkin (Hudson) have an opition that can build when code check in.
> If our 4.0 branch is not locked, why not build when code check in.

The problem is that full testsuite with coverage reports and CPD takes
about 12-14 minutes. When this was run on code checkin for master, it
quite often happened that there were several checkins to test and it
anyway groupped them together, loosing ability to see regressions in
individual checkins.

That's why there are two projects following master, one being run on
checkin and doing only testsuite and phpcs and second one on night
doing also all the lengthy stuff as coverage and cpd:

https://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin/

https://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin-continuous/

Anyway I don't think there will be that much of changes in these
branches, so I've enabled build on checkin for 4.0, let's see how it
will behave.