[Phpmyadmin-devel] Translations and CI for 4.0

adam adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 17:22:05 CEST 2013

Hi

>Dne Tue, 9 Apr 2013 23:58:09 +0800
>adam <adamgsoc2013 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>
>> >Hi all
>> >
>> >our continuous integration server now follows 4.0 branch as well:
>> >
>> >http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin-4.0/
>> >
>> >The builds are currently run nightly, just let me know if more frequent
>> >builds would be needed.
>>
>> As I remembered, Jenkin (Hudson) have an opition that can build when code check in.
>> If our 4.0 branch is not locked, why not build when code check in.
>
>The problem is that full testsuite with coverage reports and CPD takes
>about 12-14 minutes. When this was run on code checkin for master, it
>quite often happened that there were several checkins to test and it
>anyway groupped them together, loosing ability to see regressions in
>individual checkins.
>
>That's why there are two projects following master, one being run on
>checkin and doing only testsuite and phpcs and second one on night
>doing also all the lengthy stuff as coverage and cpd:
>
>https://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin/
>
>https://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin-continuous/
>
>Anyway I don't think there will be that much of changes in these
>branches, so I've enabled build on checkin for 4.0, let's see how it
>will behave.

OK.  Thanks Michal.
For trunk build, It is better to keep build when checkin, that will help our developers to avoid some build error.
For release branches, if the code changes is little, I think we can keep the way you did.

but the Root guarantee is the test case coverage of Unit test and Functional test cases. that is the issues that I try to address on GSOC. [Automated testing]

Thanks
Adam