[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC Proposal Advice

Ayush Chaudhary ayushchd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 10:27:42 CEST 2013

Hi,

As I am looking to apply for the Automated Testing project this year, I was trying to make a first draft of my proposal here. I had a few questions regarding the same:

1. What aspects of automation and CI would be involved as most of the automated scripts seem to have been done already. Sure, along the way if we feel the need for modifying or adding something, that would be fine. But just wanted to make sure if there are any specific tasks involved here which I could mention in my proposal?

2. Regarding the project schedule, I was wondering if pin-pointing a specific code coverage percentage is a good idea? The aim would surely would be to maximise the code coverage, but the nature of this project is such that a pre determined percentage could be far from accurate in the final deliverables. That said, if there is a specific code coverage level the team would like to be reached, I would like to know.

Right now, the two major tasks that the project seems to involve are:

1. Adding more unit tests
2. Adding more selenium tests

Let me know if I am missing something here

Thanks!

--
Ayush Chaudhary