[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need feedback on error reporting server

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Sat Aug 3 19:02:12 CEST 2013

On 08/03/2013 04:50 PM, Rouslan Placella wrote:
> On 08/03/2013 02:53 PM, Mohamed Ashraf wrote:
>> We have deployed an early version of the error reporting server at
>> [0]. while there are still a few things not implemented the view will
>> not change much from what is currently there. I have filled the
>> database with fake reports to help you see how things will look in the
>> real world.
>>
>> Since I am finishing up with the features I need feedback on the
>> currently implemented functionality and if anyone has any idea on how
>> to do something differently please feel free to say it.
>>
>> currently there is a list of reports and clicking on the id of the
>> report you get redirected to a view containing the summary of the
>> related reports. you can submit error reports to the sourceforge bug
>> tracker.
>>
>> if anyone thinks there is missing functionality or if something needs
>> to be displayed in a better way, please tell me so as to schedule the
>> change in the coming weeks.
>>
>> [0] http://reports.phpmyadmin.net/
>>

> One thing that would be good is the ability to click anywhere on a row
> in the list of reports to bring up the details. Right now, the link is
> quite small.

Another thing that I noticed is that some urls are slipping through into
the report, see attached screenshot. I think that these should be
truncated to only display the filename and anything after it, but not
the hostname or the path to the pma installation.

Also, I was thinking that it would be good to be able to view the full
report in both json and html, for easier inspection.

Bye,
Rouslan