[Phpmyadmin-devel] Need feedback on error reporting server

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 15:01:56 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 2:26 PM, J. M. <mynetx at users.sf.net> wrote:
>> From: mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
>> Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 20:29:53 +0200
>> To: phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>> Subject: Re: [Phpmyadmin-devel] Need feedback on error reporting server

>> > After clicking on this, then on "Login with Github", I am presented with
>> > a series of options, and only a few of them seem related to the rights I
>> > want to give.
>> >
>> > For example, I don't see the relation between "read your followers" and
>> > the verification of my commit status.
>> >
>> > Can it be improved?
>> actually that is in github I do not control it. I request the least
>> privileges which is basically anything you have public which anyone
>> can get from looking at you profile. This is actually quite new. When
>> I was working on this feature last week there was a much different
>> view which was small and just said request access to public info. the
>> public info includes reading of followers as well as seeing which
>> repos are you a part of.
>
> Marc,
> Related links:
>
> https://github.com/blog/1523-oauth-improvements (July 12)
> http://developer.github.com/v3/oauth/#scopes
as I said I am using the least permissive scope possible which is none
at all and that includes everything that you have public. I cannot
request less than that since anything here is available while using
the api even without authentication. Using no scope at all still gives
you access to followed users and gists even though I donot need them
that is why they appear on the permissions list. You cant deny an
application something that is already public.

> - JM

>> > --
>> > Marc Delisle
>> > http://infomarc.info