[Phpmyadmin-devel] NULL in config.inc.php

Isaac Bennetch bennetch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 14:07:12 CEST 2013

Hi, I'm working through fixing up a bit of SSL code and have encountered
a difficulty. The PHP manual[1] says that unused parameters "may be
given as NULL". In my testing, setting them = ''; works fine, but of
course we want to do what PHP expects. In config.inc.php, we don't have
any values that default to NULL, and I think it may confuse users in
this case. I'd much prefer to leave them set = ''; in config.inc.php for
consistency and to make it easy for users to plug in their own values.

What I am thinking of is in libraries/config.default.php to set the
parameters to NULL, then if the user decides to overwrite it in
config.inc.php there is no problem. In that case, I'm not sure I'd write
the end-user documentation as if the default was = ''; or NULL.

If my question has made sense, what do you think?

1 - http://php.net/manual/en/mysqli.ssl-set.php