[Phpmyadmin-devel] license for error reporting server

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:35:57 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Dieter Adriaenssens
<dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohamed,
>
> On the team meeting last week, we discussed the license under which
> the error reporting server will be published.
>
> Because it is based on cakePHP which is licensed under MIT 2.0, we
> decided to license our additions under MIT 2.0 as well. This way it
> will be easier to contribute any changes that might be useful for
> cakePHP upstream (if applicable).
>
> In order to keep track of who holds copyright on which files (cakePHP
> or phpMyAdmin), a copyright notice should be added to each file that
> was created for phpMyAdmin. For original cakePHP files that are
> modified, both copyright holders (cakePHP and phpMyAdmin) should be
> mentioned.
>
> Can you do the necessary changes?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Dieter Adriaenssens

Hi Dieter,

so each and every file created should have a copyright notice. Does
that include generated files such as the schema or the migrations?
Also I would need the actual script you want to be included at the top
of the file be it ours or has joint authors.

I am also assuming that this is a low priority task and would be done
in my down time since I donot think this is time sensitive. Once you
give me the actual copyright notice to include I will start adding
them to the necessary files as I go.

Also files that are created by Cakephp already have a copyright notice
should I remove it and replace it with ours that has both authors or
should I modify their copyright notice or should I place our copyright
notice after theirs.

Furthermore as for the issue of empty but copyrighted files I have
here the original app controller file as supplied by cakephp [0] and
here the current state of the file [1]. should this file still be
under joint copyright. I think this is the only one which has changed
so radically but there are others that are empty but copyrighted
however I havent changed them yet

[0] https://github.com/cakephp/cakephp/blob/master/app/Controller/AppController.php
[1] https://github.com/phpmyadmin/error-reporting-server/blob/master/app/Controller/AppController.php

Mohamed Ashraf