[Phpmyadmin-devel] ctype and mbstring dependencies

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed Aug 21 21:59:59 CEST 2013

Hi

Dne Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:47:09 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> Michal Čihař a écrit :
> > Hi all
> >
> > I see that we've documented ctype and mbstring as dependencies, while
> > we still have huge amount of code (PMA_String and related classes) to
> > be able to handle situations when those are not available. This
>
> Hi Michal,
> how do you explain bug #4036 if these situations are handled? [0]

That's in php-gettext, what could be potentially workarounded (as we
have all translations in utf-8). We have quite a lot of code to deal
with absence of mbstring in PMA_String and related classes.

The question is: Do we want to support systems without mbstring
extension? If no, we can simplify quite a lot of our code, if yes, we
should fix this single case for php-gettext.

--
	Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://phpmyadmin.net