[Phpmyadmin-devel] New look for the phpmyadmin error reporting server

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 11:59:44 CEST 2013

2013/8/22 Mohamed Ashraf <mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com>:
> Recently we have deployed an updated version of the error reporting
> server at [0].
> I fixed the previous comments, added syntax highlighting to the
> stacktraces. I also added pie charts for visualization and added a new
> html view for incidents. I also now try my best to show only different
> stacktraces.
>
> I would like your input on this version since this is as close to a
> final version as could be. The database has been seeded with a few
> reports that are fake but the last one is actually real to give you
> some feel about how a real report looks like.
>
> I am not exactly the best designer out there, but I did my best. If
> anyone has any new ideas for improvement that would be great.
>
> [0] http://reports.phpmyadmin.net/

Looks good.

Two remarks on the dropdowns for filtering :

- the ID's of the reports are listed in each dropdown (Exception Name,
PMA version, Status), but if you select an ID, it doesn't show any
report, so better not display them.
- try to group different filter entries (fe. show status 'new' one
time, not four times)

Suggestions :

- When grouping reports, only report should be displayed, fe. show one
report and collapse the others (which are displayed as sub reports).
If reports are grouped, it doesn't make sense to display them as
seperate reports.
- can you add a dropdown for the 'mark the same as' field? It would be
easier to just be able to select another report, than to have to
remember the ID.

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens