[Phpmyadmin-devel] New look for the phpmyadmin error reporting server

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 14:49:57 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Dieter Adriaenssens
<dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/8/22 Mohamed Ashraf <mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com>:
>> Recently we have deployed an updated version of the error reporting
>> server at [0].
>> I fixed the previous comments, added syntax highlighting to the
>> stacktraces. I also added pie charts for visualization and added a new
>> html view for incidents. I also now try my best to show only different
>> stacktraces.
>>
>> I would like your input on this version since this is as close to a
>> final version as could be. The database has been seeded with a few
>> reports that are fake but the last one is actually real to give you
>> some feel about how a real report looks like.
>>
>> I am not exactly the best designer out there, but I did my best. If
>> anyone has any new ideas for improvement that would be great.
>>
>> [0] http://reports.phpmyadmin.net/
>
> Looks good.
>
> Two remarks on the dropdowns for filtering :
>
> - the ID's of the reports are listed in each dropdown (Exception Name,
> PMA version, Status), but if you select an ID, it doesn't show any
> report, so better not display them.
> - try to group different filter entries (fe. show status 'new' one
> time, not four times)

This is a bug I hadn't noticed. They were working correctly at one
point. I will fix them in the next pull request

> Suggestions :
>
> - When grouping reports, only report should be displayed, fe. show one
> report and collapse the others (which are displayed as sub reports).
> If reports are grouped, it doesn't make sense to display them as
> seperate reports.

do you mean in the index table?

> - can you add a dropdown for the 'mark the same as' field? It would be
> easier to just be able to select another report, than to have to
> remember the ID.

I am assuming thousands of reports where it would be impractical to
have a select box also the dropdown would also have the ids listed so
you still need to remember since ids are sequential and you would have
in the dropdown ids from 1 to 999 sequentially so it is basically a
number field

> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Dieter Adriaenssens