[Phpmyadmin-devel] New look for the phpmyadmin error reporting server

J. M. mynetx at users.sf.net
Thu Aug 22 16:49:58 CEST 2013

> From: mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 07:26:52 +0200
> To: phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Phpmyadmin-devel] New look for the phpmyadmin error reporting	server
>
> Recently we have deployed an updated version of the error reporting
> server at [0].
> I fixed the previous comments, added syntax highlighting to the
> stacktraces. I also added pie charts for visualization and added a new
> html view for incidents. I also now try my best to show only different
> stacktraces.
>
> I would like your input on this version since this is as close to a
> final version as could be. The database has been seeded with a few
> reports that are fake but the last one is actually real to give you
> some feel about how a real report looks like.
>
> I am not exactly the best designer out there, but I did my best. If
> anyone has any new ideas for improvement that would be great.
Thanks for the update. I like the look!Ideas:
- How about updating to the recently released Bootstrap 3? No requirement, don't get me wrong. :)- In the select box above "Exception name", why do I see both names and IDs?  Suggestion: Concatenate them to 1 row per row, such as "Reference Error [1]".- As mentioned in my last remarks, can you move the select boxes right under the table headers?  This will make the connection clearer.- ID column navigator: Good to use <input type="number">.  As there are no issues "0" or negative, why not add the min="1" attribute?
Best, J.M.