[Phpmyadmin-devel] navi panel and 4.0.6-rc1

Kasun Chathuranga chathuranga.jayaneththi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 03:30:43 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM, Isaac Bennetch <bennetch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/26/13 9:42 AM, Marc Delisle wrote:
> > Hi,
> > please have a look at the current state of QA_4_0. I encouraged Atul to
> > merge his implementation for RFE 1435 and he did some other improvements
> > to the navi panel.
> >
> > I plan to release 4.0.6-rc1 tomorrow with these changes.
>
> Looks good and your plan sounds good.
>
> From the user feedback, I think there is still room for improvement
> here, but as it's not inconvenient for me personally it's difficult for
> me to say how exactly it can be improved. It works well for me.
>
> An improvement that can added is opening databases when they are grouped
(possibly a couple of levels down) by the database name prefix. This does
not seem to be handled in the current implementation.

In the meantime I happened to implement a similar feature request [1] as
part of my GSoC work and submit a pull request [2]. What it does is,

1. When  the user is in the database level, current database is highlighted
in the navigation panel. If the database is grouped under a database group
the groups is opened to highlight the database.

2. When the user is in the table/view level, current table/view is
highlighted in the navigation panel. Following situations are handled here.
    a. Tables/views could be directly under the database or inside
'Tables'/'Views' containers.
    b. Tables/views could be grouped based on their names.
    c. A combination of the above two.

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/feature-requests/1398/
[2] https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/632

--