[Phpmyadmin-devel] Help in resolving bug #4154

Lakshit Arora lakshitarora26 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 15:59:24 CET 2013

Hello Marc,
Please could you please assign bug
https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4154/ to me. I have possible
solution for this as follows:
In file sql.lib.php and in function PMA_handleSortOrder it is appending
order by clause. I can do one of the following:
1. change PMA_SQP_analyze function: just like it sets query flags for
select, join etc we can have a flag set for union also. Then we can bypass
the function call PMA_handleSortOrder if its set. Problem with me regarding
this is I am unable to find PMA_SQP_analyze or PMA_SQP_parse functions.
could please tell me where they are?
2. In the function PMA_handleSortOrder just parse the query string and see
if it contains union in it. This seems to be a redundant idea to me.
What are your view on this?
Thanks,
Lakshit Arora