[Phpmyadmin-devel] Help in resolving bug #4154

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Dec 7 17:24:19 CET 2013

Le 2013-12-07 09:59, Lakshit Arora a écrit :
> Hello Marc,

Hello,
on this list, please use bottom posting (answers below questions).

> Please could you please assign bug
> https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4154/ to me. I have possible
> solution for this as follows:

I cannot assign it to you as you are not a member of the team. Just add
a comment on this ticket, saying that you work on it.

> In file sql.lib.php and in function PMA_handleSortOrder it is appending
> order by clause. I can do one of the following:
> 1. change PMA_SQP_analyze function: just like it sets query flags for
> select, join etc we can have a flag set for union also. Then we can
> bypass the function call PMA_handleSortOrder if its set. Problem with me
> regarding this is I am unable to find PMA_SQP_analyze or PMA_SQP_parse
> functions. could please tell me where they are?

As we want to see your skills for the upcoming GSoC, you should be able
to find them yourself. As a hint, the git command permits to do a grep.
I hope you have access to command-line git (you do if you're on Linux).

> 2. In the function PMA_handleSortOrder just parse the query string and
> see if it contains union in it. This seems to be a redundant idea to me.
> What are your view on this?

Your idea #1 looks promising.