[Phpmyadmin-devel] In Reference to Bug #4184

Mohit Goyal mohit.bits2011 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 14:20:52 CET 2013

Hi,
My name is Mohit Goyal and I am a 3rd year undergraduate in BITS Pilani
K.K. Birla Goa Campus. I am new to the open-source community and thought I
would start with PHPMyAdmin as I have used it in projects before.

To start understanding the codebase, I thought I would start with one of
the bugs listed. The bug I started with was *Bug #4184 Switch to Wrong Page
After Adding Index* : https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4184/

While trying to figure out the issue, I did the following :
In libraries/structure.lib.php, in lines 1835 - 1845 ( in function -
PMA_getHtmlForActionRowInStructureTable() )

Removed line : ($hasLinkClass ? 'class="ajax add_primary_key_anchor" ' : '')
Added Line :  'class="ajax" '

As a result,  I am getting a javascript function that enables editing of
the index ( adding names and comments etc. ). I have also attached a
screenshot for the same. The indexes are being added and the original issue
of switching back to the wrong page is solved.
However, I think that this particular functionality had been disabled
initially as the function had been pre-written. Can anybody please shed
some light on this ?

Thanks

Warm Regards,
Mohit Goyal | +918600046760