[Phpmyadmin-devel] In Reference to Bug #4184

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Dec 23 16:17:30 CET 2013

Mohit Goyal a écrit :
> Hi,
> My name is Mohit Goyal and I am a 3rd year undergraduate in BITS Pilani
> K.K. Birla Goa Campus. I am new to the open-source community and thought I
> would start with PHPMyAdmin as I have used it in projects before.
>
> To start understanding the codebase, I thought I would start with one of
> the bugs listed. The bug I started with was *Bug #4184 Switch to Wrong Page
> After Adding Index* : https://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4184/
>
> While trying to figure out the issue, I did the following :
> In libraries/structure.lib.php, in lines 1835 - 1845 ( in function -
> PMA_getHtmlForActionRowInStructureTable() )
>
> Removed line : ($hasLinkClass ? 'class="ajax add_primary_key_anchor" ' : '')
> Added Line :  'class="ajax" '
>
> As a result,  I am getting a javascript function that enables editing of
> the index ( adding names and comments etc. ). I have also attached a
> screenshot for the same. The indexes are being added and the original issue
> of switching back to the wrong page is solved.
> However, I think that this particular functionality had been disabled
> initially as the function had been pre-written. Can anybody please shed
> some light on this ?

Mohit,

I think you have a start of a solution, however the new behavior can be
confusing. Let's say I click on Index for a certain column, the dialog
appears but

a) this column is not chosen in the dialog
b) a UNIQUE type of index is selected, instead of the type of index I chose

http://infomarc.info | http://phpmyadmin.net