[Phpmyadmin-devel] Google Summer of Code

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:23:50 CET 2013

2013/2/26 Kiran Mathew Koshy <kiranmathewkoshy at gmail.com>:
> HI.
>
> Let me introduce myself- I'm a long time phpmyadmin user who recently
> started developing on the phpmyadmin code.
> Currently, I'm an undergraduate student in Indian Institute of Technology,
> Patna.
> I'm  interested in applying for Google Summer of Code, and I would like to
> contribute to phpmyadmin with a few ideas of my own. Can anyone help me in
> contacting mentors ?

Hi,

The mentors are reading the developers mailing list, so you've come to
the right place.
If you are interested in applying for GSoC, you best take a look at
the wiki [0], especially the section for applicants [1].
We already listed some ideas [2], but you are free to submit a
proposal of your own. It's best to discuss your ideas to see if they
fit with the idea we have for the future of phpMyAdmin, and if the
implementation will take more or less 12 weeks of 40 hours of work.

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code_2013
[1] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2013_Applicant_Guide.
[2] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2013_Ideas_List

--