[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unexpected javascript execution behaviour

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 08:32:27 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Supun Nakandala
<supun.nakandala at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Devs,
> I am experiencing an unexpected behavior with respect to the following two
> cases.
>  1. Deleting a row from browse page.
>  2. Deleting a row after searching
>
> In sql.js, AJAX.registerOnload binds 'click' event to  'a.delete_row.ajax'.
In case of Browse page, the 'a.delete_row.ajax' elements are available at
the time of event binding but on Search page, elements are not even
created, they are created after one performs the search, so onload binding
is unsuccessful. I guess using 'live' or 'on' instead of 'bind' would be
better.

 In the first case  the request goes through the sql.js ajax handler. But
> in the second case the request doesn't go through it and the request is not
> an ajax request.

The request should still be an ajax request, just the onclick event is not
bound.

--
Atul Pratap Singh
http://blog.atulsisodia.in/