[Phpmyadmin-devel] Error reporting server configuration

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 13:50:36 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Dieter Adriaenssens
<dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2013/7/5 Mohamed Ashraf <mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com>:
>> As it turns out some of the asset urls need to be hardcoded. So I was
>> wondering what will the server configuration be. like what is the
>> domain name. will it be hosted on the root path or will it be inside a
>> sub path like example.com vs example.com/error-reporting.
>
> This wasn't discussed yet, neither did we discuss how to host it.
>
> That said, it will probably be something like
> error-reporting.phpmyadmin.net (or a more concise name), because our
> other services (wiki, demo, translation server, ...) all are
> subdomains.
>
> Is it possible to use a configfile where the domainname can be
> specified, instead of hard-coding it?
no since this a problem in the assets in the css file so I cant really
do anything about it.but anyway, so it will be in the root path which
is enough for me. I will modify my environment to mimic this so that
whatever needs to be hardcoded works in both environments. I dont
really need to know the domain name for now.

The github api needs the exact domain name but that can be changed
when we finish