[Phpmyadmin-devel] help with server_software

Atul Pratap Singh atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 02:36:35 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Mohamed Ashraf <
mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the error reporting system I am trying to get some info onto the
> name of the server currently running. I am using the server signature
> to try and find the server and its version. I however have only apache
> so I was wondering if someone with nginx or IIS would run the
> following php script and reply with the output so that I am able to
> see the output of different server softwares so as to craft my regular
> expression.
>
> <?php
> echo $_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"];
> echo "\n\n";
> echo $_SERVER["SERVER_SIGNATURE"];
>
> With nginx on ubuntu, with above lines, I get:-
nginx/1.2.1

For apache, SERVER_SIGNATURE works too:-
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 81

I tried SERVER_ADDR and SERVER_PORT, then it's similar for apache and nginx
:-
nginx/1.2.1
127.0.0.1:80

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)