[Phpmyadmin-devel] help with server_software

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 02:59:06 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Atul Pratap Singh
<atulpratapsingh05 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 3:06 AM, Mohamed Ashraf
> <mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> For the error reporting system I am trying to get some info onto the
>> name of the server currently running. I am using the server signature
>> to try and find the server and its version. I however have only apache
>> so I was wondering if someone with nginx or IIS would run the
>> following php script and reply with the output so that I am able to
>> see the output of different server softwares so as to craft my regular
>> expression.
>>
>> <?php
>> echo $_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"];
>> echo "\n\n";
>> echo $_SERVER["SERVER_SIGNATURE"];
>>
> With nginx on ubuntu, with above lines, I get:-
> nginx/1.2.1
since there was two echos but apparently only one output from nginx.
can you tell me which one actually produced this output the
server_signature or the server_software

> For apache, SERVER_SIGNATURE works too:-
> Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
> Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 81
was this the only output you got?  mine is like a long string
mentioning everything from php version to loaded modules.

> I tried SERVER_ADDR and SERVER_PORT, then it's similar for apache and nginx
> :-
> nginx/1.2.1
> 127.0.0.1:80
>
> Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
> 127.0.0.1:81
>

> --
> Atul Pratap Singh
> http://blog.atulsisodia.in/

thank you a lot for this I appreciate it.

Mohamed Ashraf