[Phpmyadmin-devel] Unit tests failing

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 10:50:44 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Ayush Chaudhary <ayushchd at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Hi
>
> On Monday, 17 June 2013 at 1:16 AM, Dieter Adriaenssens wrote:
>
> 2013/6/16 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
>
> Le 2013-06-16 12:27, Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :
>

> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info <marc at infomarc.info>>> wrote:
>
> Le 2013-06-15 11:20, Marc Delisle a écrit :
> > Le 2013-06-15 10:36, Ayush Chaudhary a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I recently merged with upstream. However, a lot of unit tests
> seem to be
> >> failing on my machine. All of the failures seem to be related to
> >> database. I do have a database named 'pma_test'. It seems I need to
> >> import some SQL and also, set me database authentication details
> somewhere.
> >>
> >> It would be great if someone could point out those settings
> (phpunit.xml?)
> >
> > Hi Ayush,
> > with current master, I also see failures (15) here.
> >
> > A while ago, I also reported tests failures (some of them seemingly
> > pointing to database not connecting) and I remember that someone
> > (Madhura?) replied that the tests should be able to run without
> any db
> > connection. It was another test failing that gave this impression.
> >

> Git bisect tells me that this commit is the one that produced 12
> failures:
>

> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/0f4e573b1e0bcb743334e4818102b428bd023d2e
>
> Note that when bisecting, I marked as good other commits that were
> producing a smaller number of failures.
>
> Looks like the failures are due to some problems in backing up globals.
> I made the commit 0f4e573b1e
> <
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/0f4e573b1e0bcb743334e4818102b428bd023d2e>
> as
> there should not be any need to manually backup and restore
> GLOBALS['dbi'] as backupGlobals directive is now active. Somehow failing
> to restore the GLOBALS['dbi'] would result in other tests using the
> mocked database interface leading to test failures related to database
> interface.
>
> I will revert the commit until the cause of this is properly investigated.
>

> Thanks Madhura,
> I am now down to three failures (with PHP 5.4.10). Am I alone?
>

> I've included the errors (3) and failures (1) I get with PHP 5.3.5 and
> PHPUnit (3.7.13) below.
> But when running the unit tests I also get 3 PHP Notices that variable
> $cfg is not defined in libraries/charset_conversion.lib.php (lines 18,
> 32, 39)
>
> [exec] There were 3 errors:
> [exec]
> [exec] 1) PMA_Charset_Conversion_Test::testCharsetConversion
> [exec] iconv(): Detected an illegal character in input string
> [exec]
> [exec] /var/www/phpmyadmin/libraries/iconv_wrapper.lib.php:101
> [...]
$GLOBALS['PMA_recoding_engine'] to
PMA_CHARSET_ICONV_AIX in testCharsetConversion() would result in the
character set names being mapped to IBM AIX compliant formats. So it's
possible that those names would fail in some other environment.

Same applies for PMA_aix_iconv_wrapper function. However to test the logic
in there is suggest to split the charset name mapping part to some other
function.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne