[Phpmyadmin-devel] Relational view interface improvements

Kasun Chathuranga chathuranga.jayaneththi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 06:24:53 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have been working on this feature during the last couple of days and I've
sent a pull request [1] containing what I've done.

With the changes the long dropdown to select foreign column has been split
to two dropdowns, one to select the foreign table and the other to select
the foreign column. I have also extended this to support cross database
relations with an additional dropdown to select the foreign database.

So when the user selects the database, the entries in the table dropdown
are filtered only to show tables in that database and column dropdown is
filtered in a similar manner when a table is selected. Own database is
selected by default as it's more common to setup relations inside the same
database.

Checking relational integrity feature was already supporting cross database
relations. I've added table name to the displayed text to make it clearer.
I have also updated a couple of FAQs in the documentation related to these
features.

I would be grateful if you could check out this feature and suggest any
improvements.

[1]   https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/438

--
Regards