[Phpmyadmin-devel] submitting error reports automatically

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 19:03:56 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com> wrote:
> On 06/21/2013 12:26 PM, Mohamed Ashraf wrote:
>> Should I allow the user to submit error reports automatically without
>> looking or adding his description to the events that lead to the error
>> page. Currently I have two options for sending error reports. one is
>> never send error report and the second is always ask to send. in the
>> project description you wanted a third option to automatically send an
>> error report. should I allow this option given that the user will not
>> have the ability to add steps to reproduce the error to the report?
>
> Yes, I believe that this would be useful for lazy people that otherwise
> would just turn the feature off. We would still get some info and some
> statistics of how often people are experiencing a certain error.
>
> Bye,
> Rouslan

the problem now is interface clutter I don't know where to put the
different options. currently the settings are available in user
preferences  to either always send, never send and always ask with the
default to always ask. however let us consider that the user is using
the default value of always ask. when the small error notification
appears he may want to do any of the multiple options outlined below
- see the report and add steps leading to the report before sending it
- send the report without looking at it
- ignore the error report

and also somewhere I have to give him the option to always send error
reports without asking or to never do that. where should these be
placed in the current scenario given that I do not want to have 5
buttons or checkboxes on the small error notification.