[Phpmyadmin-devel] Error stack trace on ajax navigate

Mohamed Ashraf mohamed.ashraf.213 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 12:29:20 CEST 2013

I have been doing some tests to find places to improve my error
collection strategy. It seems that all the browsers get confused as to
where the error occurs, when the file containing the error is loaded
using ajax navigation. The same error if it occurs in files loaded
normally by the browser shows a proper stacktrace, however if it
occurs in files that are loaded by the AJAX class it shows a useless
stacktrace missing the actual part of the code where the error occurs.
This occurs not due to my error reporting code since I removed it
entirely during testing and it occurs consistently across browsers. I
am not sure what is the best course of action here it seems that the
problem occurs due to problems in how the browser handles stacktraces
in javascript.