[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Tue Mar 19 17:46:23 CET 2013

Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
> 2013/3/19 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>:
>> Hi all
>>
>> as Google has started to accept organization applications, I've updated
>> our page on wiki to match this year's questions:
>>
>> https://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/GSoC_2013_Mentoring_Organization_Application
>>
>> I've used past applications and answered some new questions, but help
>> is definitely welcome :-).
>
> I merged a duplicate question on the wiki ('what do you hope to gain
> from participating in GSoC 2013').
>
> I updated the answer to the question about how we encourage students
> to interact with your project's community before and during the
> program. Please review.
>
> I think the question on how we encourage students to stick with the
> project, needs some more details. Some examples should be added why it
> is a great experience and how we show this. We could mention that we
> offer commit access/team membership if they do well in GSoC.

I suggest adding in
http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Category:Google_Summer_of_Code_2013

a page "GSoC 2013 What happens after the summer" or something similar.
This page would mention

- that our goal is to gain new permanent contributors
- about commit access
- about team membership
- about team meetings with expenses paid, for active members

Then we could link to this page from
- the Applicant Guide
- the Student guide
- the Mentoring Organization Application (in question 16).