[Phpmyadmin-devel] Weblate and/or gettext question

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed May 22 18:32:22 CEST 2013

Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Tue, 21 May 2013 13:12:23 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> Michal,
>> is it possible to mark a string as "Do not translate"? See [0].
>
> Yes, just don't put __() mark around it.

Good point!

 > But maybe it would be better
> to use proper writing "OpenDocument" as some languages seem to
> translate/transcribe this:
>
> https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%BC%80%E6%94%BE%E6%96%87%E6%A1%A3%E6%A0%BC%E5%BC%8F
> https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

I feel endless discussions coming on this issue :/

For the case we have in the bug report (German translation) we could use
this translation:
Dokument öffnen (OpenDocument).

By the way, I believe that our original English message should have said
"OpenDocument" rather than "Open Document".