[Phpmyadmin-devel] [4.0.8] server_synchronize.php not found ?

J.M. . mynetx at users.sf.net
Tue Oct 22 15:29:18 CEST 2013

> Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:19:41 +0000
> From: axel50397 at gmail.com
> To: phpmyadmin-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Phpmyadmin-devel] [4.0.8] server_synchronize.php not found ?
>
> Hello everybody !
>
> I've just downloaded phpMyAdmin 3.5.8.2 and 4.0.8 to install them locally and to be able to administrate my remote databases.
>
> I have to sync 2 databases (2 different servers), I've done it already with another 3.X installation, now on 4.0.8, I can't find the "synchronize" tab, which previously pointed to "server_synchronize.php".
>
> Is it a discontinued feature or something like that ? It's still present in 3.5.8.2.
> Thank you for your help.
> --
> Cordialement, Adnan RIHAN.

Hello Adnan,

As outlined in the ChangeLog for phpMyAdmin 4.0.0, we removed the
synchronize feature that existed in the 3.5.x series:
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/RELEASE_4_0_0/ChangeLog#L72

We removed the existing Synchronize feature because of serious flaws:
http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/mailman/message/30067703/

However, we plan to recreate an improved edition for a future version.
In the meantime, I suggest you to take a look at MySQL’s own
replication feature, for keeping two database servers in sync.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/replication-howto.html

Thanks for asking about this!
Best,

J.M.