[Phpmyadmin-devel] about merging $what and $query_type on libraries/mult_submits.inc.php

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Sep 16 18:45:02 CEST 2013

Bin Zu a écrit :
> Hi Marc,
>
>> Le 2013-09-15 11:38, Bin Zu a écrit :
>>> Hi Dev,
>>>
>>> After the code refactor on libraries/mult_submits.inc.php, we try to merge $what and $query_type on libraries/mult_submits.inc.php
>>>
>>> About this issue, I found that :$what and $query_type are used in different branches with different logic.
>>>
>>> branch 1 : about $what :
>>> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L123
>>>
>>> branch 2: about $query_type:
>>> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L159
>>>
>>> If we merge them together, the two branches should be merged as well. so the logic will be more complicated.
>>>

>>> What do other guys think?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> Bin
>> Hi Bin,
>> sorry, I'm not sure I understand your message. My point is that when I
>> see this:
>>

>> $what = $submit_mult;
>>
>> followed a few lines above by
>>
>> $query_type = $submit_mult;
>>
>> my conclusion is that, maybe, $what and $query_type should be merged.
>
> my meaning is that,
> from the code, $what and $query_type are used for different actions.
> $what:
>             case 'add_prefix_tbl':
>             case 'replace_prefix_tbl':
>             case 'copy_tbl_change_prefix':
>             case 'drop_db':
>             case 'drop_tbl':
>             case 'empty_tbl':
>

> $query_type:
>             case 'check_tbl':
>             case 'optimize_tbl':
>             case 'repair_tbl':
>             case 'analyze_tbl':
>

> these two kinds of different actions have different logic of code to hanldle it.
> branch 1 : about $what :
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L123
>
> branch 2: about $query_type:
> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L159
>

> If we merge them together, the two branches should be merged as well. so the logic will be more complicated.
> so I think the better way is to re-name these two variables to a meanningful name.
>
> what do you think?

Hi Bin,
It's true that there are many code paths for these.

$query_type should be renamed $action_type (because it's not related to
a SQL query).

All actions could be sent to $action_type, and there would be another
variable (replacing $what) that indicates whether a confirmation form is
required or not.