[Phpmyadmin-devel] about merging $what and $query_type on libraries/mult_submits.inc.php

Bin Zu xmujay at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 17:46:00 CEST 2013

Hi Marc,

>Le 2013-09-15 11:38, Bin Zu a écrit :
>> Hi Dev,
>>
>> After the code refactor on libraries/mult_submits.inc.php, we try to merge $what and $query_type on libraries/mult_submits.inc.php
>>
>> About this issue, I found that :$what and $query_type are used in different branches with different logic.
>>
>> branch 1 : about $what :
>> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L123
>>
>> branch 2: about $query_type:
>> https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L159
>>
>> If we merge them together, the two branches should be merged as well. so the logic will be more complicated.
>>

>> What do other guys think?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Bin
>
>Hi Bin,
>sorry, I'm not sure I understand your message. My point is that when I
>see this:
>

>$what = $submit_mult;
>
>followed a few lines above by
>
>$query_type = $submit_mult;
>
>my conclusion is that, maybe, $what and $query_type should be merged.

my meaning is that,
from the code, $what and $query_type are used for different actions.
$what:
            case 'add_prefix_tbl':
            case 'replace_prefix_tbl':
            case 'copy_tbl_change_prefix':
            case 'drop_db':
            case 'drop_tbl':
            case 'empty_tbl':

$query_type:
            case 'check_tbl':
            case 'optimize_tbl':
            case 'repair_tbl':
            case 'analyze_tbl':

these two kinds of different actions have different logic of code to hanldle it.
branch 1 : about $what :
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L123

branch 2: about $query_type:
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/blob/master/libraries/mult_submits.inc.php#L159

If we merge them together, the two branches should be merged as well. so the logic will be more complicated.
so I think the better way is to re-name these two variables to a meanningful name.

what do you think?

thanks,
Bin