[Phpmyadmin-devel] Remembering sorting order

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 12:11:59 CET 2014

Hi devs,

We currently have a feature to remember the sorting order of a table. It
was implemented in such a way that remembered sorting would be applied both
when the user is browsing the table as well as executing a select statement
on the table without specifying some other sorting order.

However it is unclear whether this is the expected behavior from the
discussion at [1]. So I would like to know your opinion on whether we
should keep the current behavior or should the remembered sorting order be
applied only when browsing. My personal opinion is, it should be limited to
just browsing.

If we decide to change the behavior, should it go to next major release or
next bug fix release?

[1] http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmyadmin/bugs/4245/?page=1

--
Thanks and Regards,