[Phpmyadmin-devel] guidance regarding phpmyadmin

Tapesh Mandal tapesh.mandal at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 12:00:22 CET 2014

Respected Sir,
                     I want to add a sort by key for all the columns
in a table of a database.Currently there is a sort by key only for the
primary key.I thought i would use the existing code for  sorting
primary key. That's why i used the inspect element function for the
sort by key option in phpmyadmin panel and this is what i got

Sort by key:
<option value="SELECT * FROM `accounts`
 ORDER BY `s.no.` ASC">PRIMARY (Ascending)</option><option
value="SELECT * FROM `accounts`
 ORDER BY `s.no.` DESC">PRIMARY (Descending)</option><option
value="SELECT * FROM `accounts`" selected="selected">None</option>

But the above code cant be found anywhere in the source code i
downloaded from github .Is it function generated?
Also i found that php is not the only thing phpmyadmin is made of
there is javascript and loads of other stuff ..please tell me what are
the languages i need to learn to completely understand phpmyadmin code
.
which are the books i should refer for that ??
Is there any place where phpmyadmin code is completely explained for
beginners or are we on our own??
--
yours sincerely,
Tapesh Mandal